Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Egyptian Theater was their religious ceremonies

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/ceremonies/theatre.htm

The Greeks may have believed that they were the inventors of theater, but, depending on how one defines "theater" and interprets ancient records [5], it can be claimed that the Egyptians, while they did not construct special venues for their plays, preceded them in the public performance of shows, which were mostly pageant-like, religious in character, ritualistic and to a large extent devoid of drama.

As a Kheri-Heb Priest (Master of Ceremonies) I would normally use masks or props for people represented in the myths or ceremonies; I instead use Identities and Letterhead for this.  People in my audience believe I "am"  my characters, because I make it believable.  The effect is found in the weather reports as Egyptian Deities are mostly Weather-related gods or goddesses; this effect also influences the Economy (NYSE) as with prosperity gods like Amun. 

M7 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment